Sureline Broadband’s FAQ’s
1. Q) What areas do you cover?
A) From the Deschutes River in Madras to Lapine, and everything inbetween. This includes Madras, Bend, Sisters, Culver, Metolius, Camp Sherman, Terrebonne, Crooked River Ranch, Prineville, Powell Butte, Redmond, Tumalo and Bend.
2) Q) What technology do you use?
A) We use a wireless signal that is broadcasted from one of our many tower locations in Central Oregon to a small dish that resembles a small satellite dish that we place on your roof or side of your house.
3) Q) Do I really get the advertised speed all the time? Or does it slow down during peak times?
A) Sureline uses Time Division Multiplexing to ensure that your speeds stay consistent and you get what you pay for.
4) Q) What are my taxes and fee’s?
A) Sureline does not have any hidden fees. We have three packages to choose from. For example, if you choose the 5 Mbps package and no contract, you will pay $139.99 at the time of install. $100.00 for install, $39.99 for the first month of service.
5) Q) If I decide to get your internet service, what is the process?
A) If you decide that you want to get the best internet in Central Oregon, all you have to do is fill out a sales order form on our website. We will then conduct a site survey to make sure that we will not have any issues at installation time. This usually takes about 3 days from submitting the form. Please allow up to 5 days. We will then call or send you an email stating our findings and get you scheduled for installs.
6) Q) When can I be installed?
A) As of June, 30, 2014, we are about two weeks out on installs due to all the Bendbroadband referrals as they are closing down their wireless. If you were referred from Bend Broadband, please let us know, and we will do all we can to accomodate you before July 25th, 2014.
7) Q) What are your packages?
- Download speeds of up to 1 - 5 Mbps/Upload 1Mbps $19.00-$42.00
- Download speeds of up to 8-10Mbps/Upload 2Mbps $50.00-$69.00
- Download speeds of up to 20 Mbps/Upload 4Mbps (Select areas only)
8) Q)Fluctuations during peak usage times?
A)No. Our service uses time division multi-plexing, therefore, your bandwidth will be dedicated even during peak hours. In other words, no flucts.
9) Q) How does Wireless Broadband work?
A) Our transport technology is Wimax also known as 802.16 (Wireless). It has the capabilities of going as fast as 300Mbps. We mount a small dish on your residence--about one foot in circumference. Our network consists of multiple tower sites in Central Oregon connected with fiber and licensed microwave for redundancy.
10) Q) Do you guarantee your service?
A)Yes. We are the ONLY Wireless company in Central Oregon to offer Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
11) Q) Are you local?
A) Yes. Our Service/Billing Team, Technicians, and Network Engineers are all located in Redmond, and Madras, Oregon.